PDWare, a leading provider of resource planning software to organizations managing project portfolios, announces the availability of iTeam 5.2, the latest version of its Web application product. The new version includes significantly enhanced functionality that allows users to address the operational challenges of managing people and projects in the workplace.
PDWare's iTeam offers a thin client interface to project initiation, effort forecasting, project scheduling and time tracking among other features. The distributed iTeam environment spreads the workload across teams and contributes to the high credibility standard of PDWare data capture. The new version of iTeam also improves communication among project managers, functional managers and team members facilitating the working relationships of these key process contributors.
President and CEO, Peter Heinrich said: "We worked closely with current users of our solutions to develop this latest version of iTeam. Our goal was to develop an updated and highly user-friendly version of the solution to support superior resource planning in driving the overall portfolio management process."
>Clear Data Input for Improved Resource Planning Analysis
New features include:
- Improved effort forecasting - A key feature of PDWare Portfolio that is now available in a browser-based interface, effort forecasting allows a more distributed group of managers to allocate resources in a meaningful way and improve data credibility.
- New browser-based Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) scheduler - This enhancement provides task level schedule planning, interproject dependencies, critical path analysis, status reporting, and resource planning for projects.
- Enhanced risk and issues management - PDWare's iTeam 5.2 gives project managers the option to track issues and risks on their projects and gives portfolio managers a view of issues and risks across the portfolio.
- Tighter messenger integration - iTeam 5.2 now provides a platform for viewing notifications generated from PDWare Messenger. This allows for immediate notification and action on status changes and requests.
- Create a customized personal workspace - As a widget-based, customizable front-end for desktops, iTeam 5.2 highlights functions that are important to the individual user. The combination of event calendars, status views and notifications provides a single location where the user can see the current state and the items that need attention.
For more information on PDWare's iTeam 5.2 product, visit http://www.pdware.com/iteam.