ResourceFirst: Intuitive, Flexible, Dynamic
PDWare's ResourceFirst software puts resource planning front and center, allowing your organization to continuously align your valuable resources with the most important projects and programs.
And since you want your software to be an enabler, not overly complex or burdensome, we've kept it simple, yet powerful. Our software is highly configurable, yet easy to set up and use. In fact, we help you go from zero to maximum visibility of capacity and demand within days or weeks, not months. You'll be an expert in no time.
To learn more, read on...
ResourceFirst AT A GLANCE
- State-of-the art Cloud-based solution that can also be offered as a thin-client on-premise solution
- Puts resource planning at the core of all portfolio analysis, always emphasizing feasibility vs. priority
- Easy and intuitive for team members, project and resource managers, PMO leaders, portfolio managers, and executives
- Built from the bottom up, taking advantage of all the latest web technology, including dashboards powered by Qlik, hosted by Microsoft Azure
- Mobile solutions, including mobile timesheets, allow management on the go
Prioritized Allocation Engine
PDWare not only tells you if your resources are overallocated (which you probably already know), but specifically which projects are not getting the resources they need.
It does this by analyzing the high priority projects first and allocating resources by skill, down through a prioritized portfolio. This means the high value projects get first dibs on resources.
This powerful feature, a centerpiece of our software, allows you to ask important questions such as:
- What if a new must-do project was added to the portfolio--how does this affect my work in progress?
- How would it impact resource allocation?
- When can a new project best start and get most of the resources it needs?
- What will happen to lower priority projects those resources may have been working on?
- How will a pending reduction in workforce affect my existing portfolio?
As mentioned, PDWare software can be up and running in days or weeks, not months.
Legacy data can be easily imported from spreadsheets, text files, or other Project Management or PPM solutions.
Managers can learn the software with one day of training. Team members can learn the software in one hour.
Additional "Power Tools" for the PMO and Financial Analysts:
PDWare Portfolio Desktop
In addition to ResourceFirst, we offer a powerful, Excel-based desktop toolset (at no extra charge!) that pulls from the same database as ResourceFirst. We call it PDWare Portfolio Desktop.
Just like Excel, But Better
PDWare Portfolio Desktop offers the benefits of Excel without the disadvantages. Many companies do resource planning and financial analysis in Excel, but the problem occurs when they try to update or consolidate the data across departments. Hundreds of individual spreadsheets lead to difficulties in reporting and sharing data, while one large spreadsheet often causes multi-user issues and data corruption.
PDWare Portfolio Desktop, which boasts advanced financial features, PMO diagnostics, and more, gives you the best of both worlds by offering Excel-savvy users a financial and resource spreadsheet that they're used to, while transforming the data into an enterprise repository that management can analyze and use for business decisions. All while maintaining data security and accuracy.
Full PPM Functionality and More
For those who just love their desktop tools, PDWare Portfolio Desktop also offers full Project Portfolio Management (PPM) functionality, including Capacity Planning, Portfolio Analysis, What-If Scenarios, Workflow, and much more, all while maintaining a user-friendly front end with auto-fill, copy-paste, and all the functionality you come to expect from Microsoft Excel.